Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning. In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012
Children at the School of the Air have the opportunity to participate in the Broken Hill Primary School Public Speaking Competition and the NSW Spelling Bee. The students may be involved in the competition in person or through a video conference.
Students also have the opportunity to take part in the International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) university tests. The ICAS tests students in computer skills, English, mathematics, science, spelling and writing.